Saturday, October 24, 2009

KINDLE 2

Amazon just released their new and updated Kindle, a wireless reading device that can hold more than 150 titles at one time. They are selling it for $259.00 and there are more than 350,000 titles to choose from. The Kindle weighs about 10 ounces which is much less than a normal book, and is completely wireless. You can transfer a book to your Kindle in less than 60 seconds and change the book from text to sound- having the Kindle read it to you. The Kindle also has options of newspaper and magazine subscription as well as Internet access to Wikipedia and blogs that a person follows.
As you may see from reading my blog, I am a little hesitant about going completely digital. I love to read, and the Kindle would probably not be a bad investment for myself from a logical perspective, but aesthetically, I would much rather have a tangible copy of a book. Although many times you could buy the digital copy at a cheaper cost, I am the type that loves the smell of a book. I am the type of person that when I love a piece of literature, I want a copy on my bookshelf in my home.
Having a digital option is nice, but I really don't think that it is right for me.


http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m3BETPLR0S7FKW

No comments:

Post a Comment